Last updated: 29 September 2021
Please be aware that by restricting certain cookies, it may lead to a reduced experience in terms of functionality.
Gigable will, when required, alter this policy to reflect changes in technology and to ensure legislative compliance.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently remembering your preferences, and generally improve your website experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Managing your Cookie Choices – The power of consent is in your hands
Not all cookies are the same and it is your right to select which ones you are comfortable with.
You may also manage your browser cookies settings in line with your privacy requirements.
Within the Settings option of your preferred browser, select Privacy and Security to customise your cookie settings, alternatively, search ‘Cookies’ and manage accordingly. If you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Site or Services may not operate as intended.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
- Cookie settings in Opera
More about cookies
Cookies may be set by the website you are visiting (‘first party cookies’) or they may be set by other websites who run content on the page you are viewing (‘third party cookies’).
Cookies – They don’t all taste the same!
Not all cookies perform the same job so here’s an explanation of what they do and how we use them.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly necessary cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around a website and use its features and/or services. Without these absolutely necessary cookies, websites or apps will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to, and they may not be able to provide the certain services or features.
What do we use these for?
- We use Strictly Necessary Cookies for the functionality of the website, including
- Remembering your cookie settings and consent.
- The website’s chat-box function that we use for support. (Third party)
Your consent is not required for the use of Strictly Necessary Cookies.
Performance cookies collect information about how visitors use a website or app; for instance, which pages or sections visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect any information that identifies a visitor. The information that these cookies collect is aggregated and is therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website or app works.
What do we use these for?
- We use Performance Cookies to assess and improve how visitors use our technology through statistical analysis. They are tools we use to make your experience more efficient and create a better experience. This cookies help us to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Functional cookies allow our Website and Gigable App to remember choices you make (such as your username and log in details) and any customisations you make to Website pages of Gigable App sections during your visit in order to provide enhanced, personalised features.
Functional cookies are anonymous and do not track your browsing activity on other websites.
Please note, that failure to activate Functional Cookies will lead to a greatly reduced experience across our technology.
- We use Hotjar for performance and analytics purposes on the website (www.gigable.app). If you want more information about Hotjar please use the following link: https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011789248-Hotjar-Cookie-Information
- If you don’t want Hotjar to track your information in this site or any site, please opt-out using the following link: https://www.hotjar.com/privacy/do-not-track/
- We use LiveChat performance cookies to see previous issues of the same user and reconnect with the previous supporter, and also to remember the user’s personal customisation of LiveChat.
Targeting or Advertising Cookies
Targeting or Advertising cookies are linked to services provided by third parties. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited a website. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits on the website in order to make advertising both on the website and other websites you subsequently visit relevant to you and your interests, to limit the number of times those adverts are served to you and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
You can find more information about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org to obtain detailed information on how to prevent cookies from being set on your particular browser.
For further information about Google Analytics please see: Safeguarding your Data.
To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If you would like to find out more about advertising networks and affiliate programmes and how cookies are used for these purposes, please visit: www.youronlinechoices.com
This is an information portal which is run by the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB), the trade association for digital advertising, and will provide you with all the information you need to know about online behavioural advertising and the choices available to you.
If you have any queries in relation to this Cookies Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the chat bot https://gigable.com.